Happy Sunday and thanks for joining me the another amazing FB Live! Today I wanted show you a fun yet beautiful watercolor technique called SMOOSHIN’-LMBO!!
In case you missed it! You can always catch my FB Live replay for all my projects on my FB business page! My Stampin’ Sunday’s happen every Sunday at 5 PM EST!!
What is Smooshing?
Smooshing is a technique that uses ink and water to make a beautiful watercolor background. It was made popular by Laura Bassen.
To SMOOSH, you’ll need…
- Ink in various of colors (I used our Stampin’ Write Markers but you could use our reinkers).
- A piece of acetate or window sheet. You can use a piece of packaging you have saved, or a piece cut off a sheet that you have left over.
- A spritzer bottle with water.
- Watercolor or Shimmer paper.
- Paper towels and something to protect your work surface.
Smooshing is really easy to achieve and can be used to create wonderful watercolor washed backgrounds. Each Smoosh is unique and there are so many possibilities when it comes to the colors used. I encourage you to play and have fun with experimenting with different color combos!
Below I have just a couple of samples that use the backgrounds to create beautiful cards. The 1st I used regular ink and on the 2nd I used embossing powder.
Get Smooshin’ with these suppliesProduct List
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed today’s technique. Thanks for tuning in, and see you next Sunday!!